Purpose of Role
A Lead Designer at Boom Designs will be responsible for leading the creation, development, refinement, and documentation of innovative and compelling industrial design solutions that are in line with the design objectives and goals of Boom Designs, while understanding and achieving the needs of the client on each specific project. A Lead Designer will become involved in all stages of a project, including research, concept development and preparation of client presentations.
Why We Need This Position
Boom Designs delivers ‘the future’ to clients. In order to do so, we need designers who have the vision, aesthetics, and technical know-how to imagine what could be, explain it to others, and then go about creating it.
Main responsibilities will include supporting the business in all aspects of Industrial Design. Key tasks include but are not limited to:
- Taking a lead role in projects, from research to concept to execution and implementation
- Providing creative and technical leadership and direction for the project team
- Developing a thorough understanding of the technical constraints of each project and successfully applying new technologies/solutions to innovate within these constraints.
- Translate client requests and business requirements into unique solutions, while balancing the needs of the end-user
- Develop modeling and visualizing skills within Boom Designs
- Develop and mentor junior colleagues
- Always ensure that deadlines and requested deliverables are met to the highest level of quality, both for internal reviews and external presentations
- Always communicate with clients, suppliers and colleagues in a professional and mature manner
- Work result-oriented, always ensure the highest level of execution is delivered to the client and that work in progress can be shared at any time of the project
- Pro-actively push the level of quality in both thinking and execution, constantly come up with new ideas and ways of solving problems, even if project briefs are similar
- Ensure that team members working with you are utilized according to their skills and to their maximum potential
- Manage and build relationships with new and existing clients
- Develop existing and new internal processes, procedures and tools
- University graduate – Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design (preferred)
- 4 to 8 years of professional design experience
Knowledge / Personal Skills
- Action-oriented, goal-driven and self-motivated in an entrepreneurial environment
- High proficiency using 3D modeling software – SolidWorks (preferred)
- Excellent in 3D / 2D rendering software
- Strong visualization (sketching) skills
- Experience with design research including user needs, trends, colors, materials, and finishes
- Knowledge of technical digital layout drawings for prototypes
- Excel at working independently and in a group
- Co-operative and sharing with colleagues
- Proactive approach and embraces change
- Strong communication skills
- Creative, inspired, well organized, detail-oriented individual
At Boom Designs, we value diversity. We search to find and attract top talent from diverse backgrounds.
Boom Designs is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.